The Mercer Island Sister City Association would like to invite you to become a member or renew your annual membership. Your annual dues go directly to support our activities and student scholarship fund.
In addition to inclusion on our email event notification list, members will receive our online newsletter editions for advance event notice and information on completed and upcoming exchanges. For membership questions, please contact Terry Moreman at email@example.com or 206-232-9766.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- A very well-received quarterly French Art Lecture series. The January 29th program was standing room only.
- French Movie Night at Aljoya (cheese and wine too)
- Monthly French Conversation evenings. No matter your fluency or lack of same, all are welcome on the first Sunday evening of every month.
- The bi-annual Soiree. This year it will be at Caruccio’s on Mercer Island with a menu from the Haute Savoie region of France, home to our Sister City, Thonon le Bains.
- This year’s student exchange sent 26 students from Mercer Island High School to Thonon for ten days to live with French families, go to school, travel and experience life as a teenager in France. In the Fall the French students will come to Mercer Island for the same experience.
- Past adult delegations to Thonon and a greatly anticipated trip in 2020to celebrate the 20th anniversary of our “jumelage” (sisterhood). You have to go to appreciate the hospitality offered by our French hosts.!